Delivering the technology you need for data collection, accurate billing and energy efficiency
The utilities market is moving to smart metering and has been for some years, the only drawback was sourcing hardware and software capable of delivering on this promise. With our unique network requirements ensuring reliable two way communication and advanced metering functionality has been challenging. In order to meet the demands of our every changing energy requirements and in order to ensure that we continue to offer you the very best in metering technology we have teamed up with several industry leading manufacturers some boasting over 20 years of prepaid and metering experience and devices which have been through rigorous testing for several years. Global International are able to offer you a fully Smart metering solution that actually works.
- The product range covers BS footprint single phase meters, Din rail mounted split meters (rf, rs485, PLC, zigbee) as well as three phase meters and transformer monitoring devices.
- The entire range is fully AMI capable and uniquely can also offer PREPAID, TIME-OF-USE functionality.
- All of these features are backed up by Global International's proven knowhow and service provision.
- This offer can be scaled to meet your specific requirements at industry leading rates, making smart metering a realistic and achievable solution for any installation.
- Every application is different and we look forward to tailoring an AMI solution to fit your requirements.
WHAT IS AMI / SMART METERING?
AMI solutions comprise of:
- Smart utility meters
- Communication modules
- Local area networks (LAN)
- Data concentrators (DCU)
- Wide area network (wan)
- Meter data collection system and meter data management system.
In short, an AMI system comprises of a network designed to provide the end user and site manager with accurate, real-time, up to date readings relating to their energy usage and costs as well as sending and receiving data and instructions on demand.
PDF Format: Device Specs
WHAT CAN AMI DO?
- Total harmonic distortion
- Power factors
- Prepaid/post paid smart metering
- Prepaid time of us tariff structures
- Remote meter alerts
- Maximum demand identification
- Load profiling
- Live reporting
- Configurable upload schedules
- Power quality parameters
- Industry leading hardware quality
- Two-way communications between your devices and your utility manager
- Remote tamper detection and alerting
- Remote meter readings
- Remote playing of tokens to your meters
They are able to report:
- Any manipulation, variables and tampering
- AMI prepares data for the energy management system, they can show the real consumption costs, register the data associated to consumption, connect customers or disconnect customers from the grid remotely.
- AMI communication technologies can transmit control signals and commands issued from a central system to all networked smart meters as well as send back the registered data from said meters to the control centre/head end via the DCU.
- AMI Solutions integrate multiple meter data collection systems, billing data, distribution management data and make sophisticated validation, estimations and editing of meter data.
- The most significant advantage of investing in AMI is reducing the consumption, demand site management, performing load control, asset management and ensuring service reliability.
AMI READY DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING CONFIGURATIONS:
BS Footprint, all in one meters (integrated keypad)
BS footprint and DIN Rail mount, split meters available in:
THESE CONFIGURATIONS DICTATE HOW THE METERING UNIT WILL COMMUNICATE WITH THE CUSTOMER INTERFACE AND THROUGH WHICH METHOD THEY WILL UPLOAD DATA TO THEIR RELEVANT DATA CONCENTRATORS.
DATA CONCENTRATOR UNITS
Data concentrator units are available in the following configurations:
- PLC (POWER LINE COMMUNICATION)
- RF (RADIO FREQUENCY)
- RS485 (HARD WIRED COMS BUS)
The communication protocol will be decided by the type of meters installed and the location specific requirements. DCU's can run on either a single or multiple SIM cards across service providers based on their specification, this too offers excellent security in terms of redundancy.
THE HEAD END
The HEAD END is the central control system for all AMI applications :
- This is where the data is received, processed and turned into usable reports. It is essentially the central system through which all the other hardware and services operate.
- The head end is the gateway through which the two way communications systems flow and is managed by your service provider.
THE USER PORTAL
The user portal is the means through which the end user can access, view and manage their site. The portal is accessible through our managed, cloud based systems. Each user has their own username and password and the levels of access are scalable based on the users requirements. The actual style and amount of information available will vary based on the abovementioned points. This image is for reference only.
AMI SYSTEM FEATURES
- ACCESS CONTROL – MULTIPLE ACCESS LEVELS, PASSWORD AND USER NAME PROTECTED
- AES, DES, RSA ENCRYPTION
- OPTIONAL REMOTE METER TAMPER ALTERS WITH PROGRAMMABLE PARAMETERS (STAY ON/DISCONNECT)
- SECURE DLMS COMS FOR DCU
ENHANCED DATA COLLECTION
- SCHEDULED/ON DEMAND DATA COLLECTION
- SCHEDULED/ON DEMAND MISSING DATA RECOVERY
- LOCAL DATA COLLECTION VIA HHU/FIELD TERMINALS
- DATA PUSH TO SYSTEM (FOR GPRS/3G METER)
HEAD END and HARDWARE
- MULTIPLE COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- ETHERNET, GPRS, 3G, PLC, RF, RS485, ZIGBEE
- MULTI COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL
- DLMS, COSEM, Q/GDW376.1 ETC.
SAVE MONEY, SAVE TIME, SAVE POWER